Sunday, January 08, 2006

Is this really my first post of the year???

You know what's sad? When you've actually taken pictures for the sole purpose of updating your blog, but then never get around to it, and by the time you do, the pictures are no longer usable. (It doesn't help that I took them in the cold, dark morning with zero natural light.)

I've been doing some knitting. Not as much as I'd like, but you know how it is... that whole "working for a living" thing. I do most of my knitting on the weekends. Lately, I've been knitting to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. My friend (who is also my boyfriend's sister) turned us on to it last week, and I spent all day yesterday watching season 2 and working on Rogue (with frequent breaks for playing with rats, attending to dinner, playing on the Internet, playing Nintendo... it was a lazy day). Here's what I've got so far:


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


In answer to Pioggia's comment on my last post, I usually do knit both sleeves at once, but in this case I decided to do them individually. I plan to do one sleeve, then the hood, then the last sleeve. I feel like I've been working on this sweater for my whole life, but I like working on it. I do still intend to make one for myself one day, but not soon.

I also finished one mitten since my last post:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Looks puffy, doesn't it? Check out the stuffing!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It even stands up by itself!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Maybe I made my thrums too big, but I do not care. These puppies will keep me warm if I find myself stranded for two weeks in the Arctic Circle. I feel like I'm putting my hand inside a pillow. I haven't even casted on for the second one yet, even though I know I ought to. It's not getting any warmer around here, and all I have right now is a pair of wimpy fleece mittens, more suitable to fall, really.

I spent last Sunday daydreaming about all the great stuff I'm going to knit from my stash. I haven't joined any official knitalongs, but I've made a serious goal of knitting through my stash. I am allowing myself two yarn purchases, because I have absolutely nothing suitable in my stash for the projects, and they're both gifts. The first purchase will be for some Plymouth Encore for a blanket I plan to make my BFF for her wedding in June, and the second is enough Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece to make a shawl for my sister. Another Sonoma Shawl so soon? We'll see how it goes. Anyway, I wound a bunch of hanks in preparation for some small projects, and casted on for a scarf,, which became my first FO of '06.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I casted on lengthwise to make this, and it is long. I like the ruffley effect, and really like having a scarf I can wrap around my neck about five times.

I'm off for more knitting and Buffy. Maybe I'll actually pull off a mid-week update this week.

No comments: