Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Why hello there!

I finished something!

SAM_1128

So I have this fella and he likes riding bikes. He even got me into bike riding, something I never thought I'd be brave enough to do in the city. Now some people put their bikes up when the weather turns cold, but he rides year-round. He'd mentioned lobster-claw mittens a few times. They protect a rider's hands while still allowing easy braking and shifting.


SAM_1131

So it was clear what I had to do. I went and bought some Lamb's Pride worsted in orange for visibility and charcoal for danger and pulled out my go-to Knitter's Handy Book of Knitting Patterns by Ann Budd and modified the mitten pattern. They were a hit!


Obviously I've made some other things in the... years... since I last posted. A cowl, mitts, socks... a novel. I finished the first draft of my first novel! It's a mess right now. I don't use outlines, I just sat and wrote and found out what happens as I went along. I'm taking a breather before diving into my first set of revisions, I have a couple of readers helping me out, and after it's done I'll call on a couple more. I'm so fortunate to know so many talented writers! 'Til next time... hopefully within this year.

No comments: