Sunday, August 14, 2016

Go Know!

I HAVE posted this year! Well get a load of me. I've been revising my novel and getting ready to go BACK to school (again!) for an accounting certificate AND moved to a totally new area of metro Boston (with a certain someone) AND!

I finished these socks.


Feather Lace Socks 5


I do not even remember when I started these and Ravelry is no help because not only did I not enter a start date, I never even took a single progress picture. One might think I don't even knit any more.

These are Feather Lace Socks by Rosemary Falk, a free pattern! I clearly remember finding this pattern because I wanted some socks that were toe-up and lacy and look how perfectly these fill the bill.


Feather Lace Socks 3


The yarn is Schoeller+Stahl Fortissima Socka, which is discontinued. I can't fathom why, as it's a very standard, workhorse-y sock yarn that seems like it'd never go out of style. I love this shade of green, so prevalent right now in lush August. When I wear these socks in February though, I'll appreciate that promise of green to come (let's not speak of the disgusting heat though). Nothing like modeling wool socks in August.


Feather Lace Socks 4


Never mind that wound on my leg. About a year ago I bought a bicycle that I've been using as my commuter transport since I moved in June. I actually bought it for commuting, but after a few months of nearly dying every day on my way between Allston and Somerville, I threw in the towel. My new route is 95% bike path but you better believe that other 5% does not encourage complacency. Just a little mishap, and I'm used to constantly bruised legs now.

I'm feeling some invisible pressure to finish revising my novel what with a new program starting, but I do have it in my mind to make THREE baby sweaters. I owe two to babies who recently turned one, and there's another coming in October. I purposely looked for patterns using DK weight yarn to ensure speed. Can you believe I had to actually order DK weight superwash??? I checked my whole stash twice and came up empty. Ah well... never hurts to buy more yarn!

No comments: