Yesterday was the Memory Walk, and this is the last you'll about it for another year, but I had to share my final donation.
What's even more incredible than that amazing donation, is that I was not even close to being the top fundraiser at my walk. The third place fundraiser raised more than $2,500! It felt great to walk up to the registration table with my donation, though. I'm already looking forward to next year and hatching plots.
In all of the excitement last weekend, I completely forgot to share my exciting stash enhancements I picked up while at Purl Diva!
I bought two balls of Reynolds Whiskey for a pair of mittens, the sweater pattern that Anna just finished (which I love), and a hank of J. Knits Superwash Me sock yarn in Montana (does anyone actually need a reason to buy sock yarn?).
In other news, I finally casted on for the cabled turtleneck that I've been thinking about ever since I got the Fall issue of VK. I haven't been able to find a picture online, so I snapped a photo of the magazine.
Can you see why my heart palpitates? The subtle color changes! The exaggerated turtleneck! The sheer eighties-ness of it! I can't wait to wear it, but I think I'll have to. Here's where I was at Friday night:
On Saturday, I frogged that back to the ribbing. There were two issues. One was my own fault, but to be fair, the pattern gave me reason not to trust it, which is why I thought one of the cable charts was lying to me and I screwed it up. The second issue gave rise to the first, and has to do with the Beaded Rib on the side panels. First of all, in the stitch pattern guides, it's called Beaded Rib, but in the actual pattern they have written Broken Rib. Second of all, the right side and wrong side have been reversed, which meant that the crappy wrong side was showing up on the right side. I tried to ignore it, and I thought that maybe I was wrong and it was supposed to look like that, but I just couldn't live with it. And come on, I had only done like seven rows with US10.5 needles. Like it would kill me to go back. I'm now past that point again, and everything is looking much better.
Now to work a provisional caston and start a pair of Sidewinders!