Thursday, March 07, 2013

Wee Enhancement

Like the socialite who has just a bit of Restalyn in her laugh lines, or the photographer who puts a single layer of filter over a photo, I engaged in just a smidge of stash enhancement.

IMG_7454

I learned the sad news that my replacement LYS (Windsor Button after A Good Yarn... any recs for LYSes in the Boston metro area?) is closing. When I first entered Windsor Button, I was reminded of a time capsule. There were discontinued yarns, rug hooking supplies, and Red Heart. Lots of Red Heart. But there were also gems, and a whole wall of buttons. I was reminded of Central Yarn in Portland, ME. A store I went to when it was nearby, but generally only as a last resort. When A Good Yarn closed though, I was at a loss. Enter Windsor Button. Acrylic splendor aside, the staff was wonderful, they had a student discount, and the aforementioned button wall. Plus, I fell down in there one day and left with like twenty skeins of embroidery floss to make friendship bracelets. I'm just now realizing I don't think I ever let you in on the friendship bracelet thing... forthcoming.
I bought the ArtYarns Supermerino in the lovely cloudy sky colorway and the Teal Malabrigo Silky Merino at Windsor Button. The rest I bought at WEBS. I can't resist a sunny sock yarn in the dead of winter, and I got the dull brown yarn for make some thick wool socks for myself. I had a pair from L.L. Bean years ago that I loved and wore out, and while I have lots of pairs of wool socks, I don't have any thick, wonderful, cozy socks. So. The Malabrigo is for a hat requested by a friend. This one. Work continues on the baby cardigan. Okay. Not really. SVU, thesis, and now AWP have stolen my focus. My focus is sure to return though! I want to knit everything!
PS: Are you watching Girls? Because I just started and I love it!

No comments: