Saturday, February 03, 2007

Don't Front

Okay, I don't know if my subject makes any sense whatsoever, but I was listening to some rap today, and the phrase popped into my head. I finished the first front of the Slimline Jacket today! In my excitement to soak up the last rays of sunshine to take a photo, I forgot to take a photo of my mitten in progress, but it's not much more than a cuff right now anyway.


IMG_3033.JPG
I've also decided to start messing around with photo size again. Flickr needs a size between small and medium!


I'm debating with myself whether I should block the pieces I have so far, or wait until I have the whole sweater finished. I'm also considering where to do this. I laid the back on the floor this afternoon while I measured the front against it, and almost had a coronary event when Mrs. Cooper hopped on top of it. You might not know this about rabbits, but they like to dig. And I don't mean that gentle knead that cats do, I mean they grab fabric with their teeth and pull it taut and dig furiously with their long wicked claws. I shooed her away without any major tantrums, but learned that the floor is not going to be suitable for blocking. I'll come up with something.

The fabric looks nice pre-blocking, but the bottom is curling like crazy, and the shoulders could use a little straightening. I can't convey in mere words how much I want to be wearing this sweater already! Even though it's a bitch to frog, and difficult to weave in the ends, and (let's face it) boucle is a little hard to knit with at times, I highly recommend at least trying a ball of Astrakhan in a hat or something. It is so soft, and makes the most wonderful fabric.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That jacket is looking *so* amazing that I think I'm going to have to try one for myself. Boucle and all.

How about a mattress for blocking? I use our guest bed mattress, sometimes...

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I'm staying away from boucle from now on (though I'm stuck in the middle of a blanket just now). Of course, Astrakhan HAS to be a much better bouclé than this Bernat acrylic I'm using.

kate said...

I read about you on another blog- helping someone with a BSP... IF I start one and get stcuk- can I holler you for help? thanks! :)