Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blog Fodder: or, I lost my camera three days ago

So, as the title of this post suggests, I am unable to locate my camera at this time. Therefore, I have no new pictures of Puffy, which is probably just as well because in two hours of knitting last night I completed one row over and over, finally, yes, ripping it out, meaning that after two hours of knitting I had nothing to show for it. I'm having a tiny issue at the peplum. Not only do I have the wrong number of stitches (due to my gauge modification), but I also want the pattern to go all the way around the peplum. I'll hit it again tonight.

In other news, I was tagged by Casey for a meme! It's the seven random things meme that's been going around. The idea is to give seven random facts about yourself, and then tag seven people. I'm awful at tagging, so just consider this post an open invitation to take part if you'd like.

Seven Random Facts:
1. I can't stand mayonnaise or Miracle Whip. I remember eating both as a kid, and I can't remember what happened that made me hate them so, but if I so much as suspect that something has mayo in it, I can't even touch it. Though I will, for those I love, make a potato salad or chicken salad including mayo if asked.

2. Every time I need to have a shot, I think I'm going to be fine with it, but once the needle comes out I dissolve into an inconsolable mess. I have no problem at all with tattoo or piercing needles.

3. I love animals and insects with almost a crushing passion, but I don't like ferrets, and I always kill mosquitos and ticks.

4. I adore Richard Nixon. I don't think he always made the best choices, but I think he loved America, and really wanted to make a difference. He also said, in the early seventies, that he believed we would have a woman president within fifty years. Pretty progressive.

5. Aside from my LYS, my favorite store is Staples. I have a wicked weakness for pens, especially thin Sharpies.

6. I used to work at FAO Schwarz in Boston, and to this day, I sometimes get the theme song for the store stuck in my head and it doesn't come out for hours. (There's a clock, tick-tock, where the children play/ where the fun and laughter take all cares away....)

7. I love to get mail. Part of the reason why I love to buy things online is the guarantee of a package. Even though I know what's inside, there's still a delicious feeling of anticipation when the box arrives.

Let me know if you play along. I love these things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#3 and #5 I completely agree with!

And I played along on my blog, too.