Sunday, May 13, 2007

So. Excited.

My life has been sucked into a new void. Sure, I've been knitting, but not much. I also haven't been doing much else. There are two reasons for this.
1. Two new wee babies came home with us last week. They just found their names today. Meet Laverne and Shirley.


365_201

Shirley is the one with the black head, of course. She's actually a hooded rat, and the rest of her is white. They're super shy and a little spazzy, so I can only let them play in the bathtub, with supervision. So yeah, I'm spending a lot of time in the bathroom lately (tmi?).

2. The second I finished reading my first blogger account of Ravelry, I hightailed it to the site to leave my name on the beta tester list. In general, I love beta testing. I love trying out new stuff and giving feedback and using every browser available to me. And also, hello, awesome sounding new knitting site? Sign me up! I was shocked and ecstatic last week to get the email with my invitation code! You know how people say that they go to Ravelry, and next thing they know it's been days and they haven't done anything else? That's been my life. For the first time since I can remember, I haven't even checked my Google Reader feed for new blog entries. I spent most of today organizing my stash, and then admiring how easy it is to see what I have. Now it's on to adding my completed projects, which takes longer, because I have to hunt for project information. I am so excited about this site, mostly because I have always thought it would so great to have a forum where knitters could connect and share information, without resorting to those email lists (I can never keep up with those), or communities where it seems the posts become so repetitive if you read for any length of time. From what I understand, the site will be live soon. I can't wait!

I've squeezed in a few more rows on Miss. Puffy. Finally the sleeves have been separated, and I'm about to start waist shaping. This picture makes me imagine it as a bolero. Could be cute.

IMG_3862.JPG

3 comments:

Amy said...

Puff is looking great!

I Can't. Wait. for Ravelry to get around to us latecomers! It sounds *so* amazing.

tammy said...

The ratties are so cute. I'm liking how the sweater is coming along too. :)

Tipper said...

I'm sad. I keep hearing about people signing up with Ravelry and getting an invitation code shortly there after. I signed up two weeks ago (or more) and haven't heard a peep. I guess I am not cool enough!