Sunday, July 29, 2007

Those Sticky Summer Days

It's pretty hard to get all hot to trot over wool and knitting when it's 110 degrees F outside and each stitch sticks to the needles. That said, I am knitting, but only on one project. That's right, the Sock That Rock is back in time out.


IMG_4658.JPG

This scarf is just not doing it for me. I think that part of the issue is that the two shades of yarn are just too close to one another. After a nice time out, I'll pull the Marbles colorway out again and try the Sidewinders sock pattern. If that pools, I'll make mittens and let the yarn do whatever it wants!

When not endlessly frogging sock yarn, I can be found knitting away on Coachella. I love how this is knitting! The yarn has such an interesting hand, and subtle variegation that adds to the Suede-like illusion. It feels a little stiff right now, but I think it'll soften up some after a wash. Right now I'm in the nice, mindless stockinette portion. Just what I need on a day I want to go to hell to cool off.

IMG_4652.JPG

I only have about six inches to go, and Coachella will be ready for her debut!

In other knitting news, I got my Fall issue of Vogue Knitting yesterday. It's the 25th anniversary issue, and in addition to several free patterns featured in the magazine and available on the site, this issue is chock full of patterns. There are so many, that I was actually able to pick out a few patterns I want to make, including one that's giving me palpitations. I haven't been able to find a photo of it yet, but I'll take one myself soon. For those of you who have this issue, it's pattern #45.

Well, this entry is late for me. Good night, everyone! Hopefully next time I see you I'll have an FO to premier!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Coachella is looking *great*. I'm excited to try the Sidewinder approach, I'll let you know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Looking good. Have you decided to frog the socks or will you keep going?

Marlena said...

Amy, I found another person on Ravelry who did the halter mod, and it turned out so well! I can't wait to finish mine!

Pioggia, I frogged the socks to try the scarf. I'm going to try an entirely new sock pattern with it, though it may be a project or two from now.