Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hey! Ho! FO!

I finished knitting the Round Trip cardigan last night, and spent today weaving in ends (I had more ends than expected, since the yarn kept breaking and I kept finding knots).


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
From the front. I'm thinking of finding a simple pin to hold it closed, when I'm in the mood for that sort of thing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
And from the back. I LOVE this cardigan, both for its unique construction and the way the Noro looks.



Project details:
Pattern: Round Trip, Knitter's Magazine, Fall 2003
Yarn: Noro Kureyon, #116. The pattern calls for 8 skeins for the size small, and I used almost all of 8 skeins.
Needles: I actually got gauge with the recommended US7!

I would definately make this sweater again.

In other news, last week I decided I would probably never get around to knitting an iPod cozy before it got scratched all to hell, so I sewed one.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I bought a frog applique to sew on the front of it, but I think I'll save that frog for something else. Basically this is just a piece of fleece folded over, closed with a snap. It'll do.


Because the fleece I bought for the cozy was a remnant, I now have pretty much a yard and a half of that fleece left. If I'm not careful, next thing I know I'll have a fabric stash too.

Next stop: swatching for Ribby Cardi! Thanks for the suggestions of Cotton-Ease. I plan to go the Jo-Ann's route the next time I get paid. Thanks, Secret Pal!

2 comments:

Pioggia said...

I hate knots, especially on self patterning or self striping yarns. You did a great job hiding all those ends.

becky said...

Ooooooh! Neat colorway on such a cool cardi. I love the shaping; it looks bolero-like. Very stylish, Marlena.