Friday, January 27, 2006

Tagged!

This is the 4 meme that's been going around. Pioggia tagged me.

4 jobs you've had in your life:
1. I put the Queen in Dairy Queen
2. Played with toys at F.A.O. Schwarz
3. Professional reader (so I was a clerk at a bookstore... we were expected to read!)
4. Secretary

4 movies you could watch over and over:
1. Shallow Hal
2. The Evil Dead
3. Pretty in Pink
4. Shaun of the Dead

4 places you have lived
1. Woolwich, Maine
2. Bath, Maine
3. Brunswick, Maine
4. Revere, Massachusetts

4 TV shows you love to watch
(I'm so excited because I actually have four for once! Thanks to TV on DVD!)
1. The Simpsons
2. Lost (But I'm lousy about catching it when it airs, and generally watch it days later on iTunes. So, no spoilers, please!)
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
4. Angel (Though I'm not exactly in love with this show, it makes four!)

4 places you have been on vacation
1. The White Mountains
2. Beautiful Burlington, Vermont (Home of the wonderful Kaleidoscope Yarns)
3. Hampton Beach, New Hampshire
4. Boston, Massachusetts

4 websites you visit daily
1. My friends page on Livejournal
2. My other friends page on Livejournal
3. Local news site
4. My bloglines feeds

4 of your favorite foods
1. cheeseburgers
2. hard boiled eggs
3. potatoes
4. ham & bean soup

4 places you would rather be right now
1. New York City
2. in bed
3. shopping for yarn
4. swimming in the ocean

And finally, I am to tag four people. Please forgive me if you've already been tagged and I somehow missed the entry on your blog:
1. Cheryl
2. Tammy
3. Matilda
4. Amy


In knitting news, I finished a hat.


Image hosting by Photobucket


Sadly, for how incredibly soft this yarn was for knitting, it still makes my forehead itch. I'm doomed. I'll still wear it though, I've yet to find a hat that doesn't make my forehead itchy. This pattern was fun to knit. I especially enjoyed the icord edging for the front. Snazzy, and gives the whole hat a more finished look. This hat is not flattering for my face, for the same reason that I don't have bangs. The model looked lovely in it, and I'm sure there are other women who would look quite fetching, but on me, not so much. Seeing as it's winter here, however, and it's a warm hat, I will wear it anyway. No one cares how anyone looks this time of year anyway. I LOVE the color of this yarn, and, lucky for me, I have more than an entire hank left of the yarn. I wonder if it will be enough for mittens? Anyway, that means that this hat took only about 3/4 of a skein of Malabrigo. Stash buster, anyone?

I'm going to spend today with my father, who isn't feeling well. I decided to bring two projects with me (neither casted on), and as I was packing up the supplies for the second one (a felted hat), I realized that I don't have the right needles for the job. I am always amazed when I don't have the proper needle, since it seems like for about a solid year I did nothing but build up my needle collection. Of course, I have a lot of duplicates, but the main issue is that the larger sizes are not well represented. I need US10 needles, and of course I have US9, and US10.5, but no tens. I would just use the 10.5 (and, in fact, tried to), but they're too long (circs), so I really need to get a shorter length anyway. Plus dpns for the top of the hat. So.... wish me luck. I'll be going to the yarn store for supplies today. Let's see if I can get out with only yarn for my sister Sonoma Shawl.

4 comments:

tammy said...

You know, I was here days ago and I forget to mention the hat! It must be my nyquil addled brain. What I wanted suggest was for your hat/itchy issue. I'm knitting the We Call Them Pirates hat and I also bought the Useferud hat kit from Bea Ellis knits and they both do a cottong lining inside the brim of the hat.

Soooo, long story short, I was thinking maybe you could just baste in some very lightweight cotton or cotton blend fabric (maybe like tshirt material) around the inside brim of your hat to give your head some separation from the yarn.

It is a gorgeous hat though and I think it's quite fetching on!

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://scyvalac.com/tnrg/ffnr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://mpqlahab.com/evec/nstu.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://scyvalac.com/tnrg/ffnr.html | http://sctqajca.com/tvyz/dqhu.html