Friday, July 14, 2006

C'est finit!

So, I decided that simple really was best and just did a single crochet all the way around the afghan. It was my first time crocheting!


IMG_0557

The blanket is Mrs. Cooper approved. She is visible in the lower left corner of the photo. From the second that I draped the afghan over that chair, she was under it, on top of it, and generally sniffing it! I hope the recipients don't mind a little bunny hair. I suppose I could always say it's some stray angora....

With that behemouth of a project now behind me, I spent last night and this morning choosing my next project. There are a couple of strong contenders, but in this round of "What Do I Knit?," I decided to swatch first and pick a pattern second. The winning yarn is Sirdar Breeze, which is a dk weight cotton/acrylic blend. Since finishing Green Gable, I've been a little obsessed with making more fun summer tops. Which is good, since I also have a decent stash of cotton and cotton/blend yarns! I'm pretty sure I'm going to find a pattern tonight.

It was such a strange sensation when I finished off the afghan and found myself without a project. Usually I have something to finish, or a project I can't wait to start, but last night I went through all of my pattern binders and a bunch of my magazines and came up empty. That's the truth in why I swatched first. I just wanted to knit something, but didn't know what! (Even though I feel I SHOULD be trying to get ahead and make a Christmas stocking for my nephew or mittens and hats. Try getting excited about wool while you're sweating sitting still!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was searching blogs,and I found yours.Please,
accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
If you have a moment, please visit my adventure brazil site.
Have a good day!

tammy said...

It turned out so beautiful. Congratualations! And I think it's very important that it is Mrs. Cooper approved. That can only be a good sign for the recipients.

Anonymous said...

Beau-ti-FUL! A definite heirloom.

Anonymous said...

::waving:: hi from jennfurr on lj! ok, I have to admit to only reading your blogger blog once every couple months or so... so I just now saw your wedding afghan. Gorgeous!! I didn't see you mention - what book did those squares come from? And congrats on learning how to crochet! It's not so bad, it just eats up yarn so much more quickly than knitting.