Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year! Have a mitten.

IMG_2690.JPG I didn't get to do much knitting this weekend, I spent most of my time cleaning and putting away Christmas. I did manage to start and finish this mitten yesterday, though! You know what this means? It means that half of this pair was finished in 2006, and the other half will be a 2007 fo! So maybe it's a little nerdy of me to be so tickled by that, but I am. I'm hoping to work my single day mitten magic again today and have a pair to wear tomorrow. The Malabrigo makes an awesome mitten. It's soft, but feels surprisingly tough. I'm using my new US3 bamboo needles, and I am really liking them. I do think it's a little weird that the company etches in their name and needle size on each dpn (Clover), and I could see how that might cause issues with very fine or hairy yarn.

I'm getting pretty excited about that Astrakhan cardigan again, but will I be excited enough to actually make that swatch? Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Pioggia said...

Looks like a very warm mitten, perfect for your brand new hat. You're starting the new year with good knitting vibes.