Friday, June 23, 2006

The Perils of Crochet

After a great trip to Sin City, I came home ready to tackle the afghan! (Well, after a day of good, solid sleep... I'm only human!)


IMG_0422


It is seriously in need of a good blocking, but there she is! As I crocheted the pieces together and the blanket grew, I ended up having it draped across my lap. This puppy is warm! It's also soft and kinda squishy. I definitely plan to make another using the same yarn... eventually. I plan to wash this portion in the machine and then pin it to the very futon seen here in this photo. I've washed the cover, and think that it's done bleeding. When I hold the afghan up, it sags under its own weight, and I think it will stretch considerably with a good blocking. This is my first full-sized blanket and I gotta say, feelin' pretty proud of myself!

I didn't get many pictures while I was Vegas, but I do have a couple to share.


IMG_0398
Snoozing lion at MGM

IMG_0400
On the walkway in front of New York, New York

IMG_0406
Pretty mystery flower


I would also like to add that I took to flying like a bird! I had a small issue at the first takeoff, but nothing too embarrassing, and once we were in the air I loved it! It's opened a whole new world of travel possibilities!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The blanket is looking wonderful!

tammy said...

The afghan is going to be amazing. I'm really impressed at your sticktoitiveness (is that a word?) with this. It's inspiring.

It's gonna be so lovely when it's done.