Friday, June 09, 2006

So, here we are, then.

I finished the last afghan square yesterday afternoon, and after a small setback and involved ripping out the bound off edge and finishing the square (got a little ahead of myself), I found myself looking at this:





That's a big ol' pile of seaming, folks. I briefly flirted with the idea of sitting in the corner, sucking my thumb and rocking, but instead put on a pot of coffee and got to it. I have two rows out of five seamed so far, and a border pretty much chosen. Unfortunately, I don't know how much I'll get to work on the blanket after tonight. Tomorrow is a bachelorette party for my friend, Sunday is recovering, and next Wednesday at 2am, I'm on my way to the airport to go to Vegas. I am completely and totally terrified. So, there will probably be at least a week of no entries, and when I get back, I don't know how much knitting I'lll have to show!

Later, 'gaters!

(Positive flying experiences encouraged! Also tips!)

1 comment:

tammy said...

Ohhhhh! I love flying! Okay, tips for flying:

- make sure you're hydrated
- don't drink booze. You think it will help, but it won't.
- take stuff to do on the plane. Distracting stuff. Gameboy, knitting (if they'll let you), sudoku puzzles, ipod with a book, heck an old fashioned book.
- make up fantasy life stories for all the passengers sitting around you.

It'll be great. Try and let it be an adventure and it will be. :)

Have fun!