Saturday, June 16, 2007

Checking In

It's been a busy week in my little world, hence the lack of mid-week post, and this pathetic excuse for a post right here. Want knitting content? You might want to look elsewhere. Roza's Socks #1 is marching ever so slowly to toe #1, and poor Rusted Root is still on that waste yarn (though I finally removed it from the dummy yesterday). Today I get to attend the 6th birthday party of an extremely adorable girl I am happy to call my niece. My sister and I have decided to bring something from the Bratz line of dolls, which I have been assured are popular, though I find them very creepy.

Since a post isn't a post without pictures, I thought I'd just share a few recent shots that are in no way yarn related. Except that they may be inspirational for color or texture. I know I was thinking of knitting the whole time I taking them!


IMG_4090.JPG

I love that in nature, colors one might never think of combining come together so beautifully. I actually have yarn in both the shade of the seaweed and the starfish.


IMG_4079.JPG

Around here, one is just as likely to find these guys at McDonald's or the dump as the beach, and they are largely scorned (their thieving ways make them a nuisance). I love seagulls though! I wish I could sink my hand right inside that soft gray shade, it looks so comforting.


IMG_4099.JPG

Generally, I'd shy away from putting red and green together, but look at how wonderful that green algae looks against that red brick! Maybe with a pale gray incorporated, it could work. I'm not sure I would put it into a garment, but maybe a blanket of squares.

Hopefully there'll be some serious knitting around here soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also love seagulls-- even when they're stealing my french fries at Fat Boys-- love the colors in that first picture too!

Fort Popham wasn't open when I was home in May. No matter how many millions of times I've been in there over the years, it is still fascinating.

Amy said...

Hey, where you at Popham? I *have* to make it there, while I'm back.

Octopus Knits said...

Love your photos! I think you could make a beautiful blanket out of the colors in the last photo -- great idea!

nikki c said...

i miss popham-- haven't been there in a while. and the seagulls back east are much prettier than the seagulls out here... :)

Anonymous said...

Those Bratz dolls? I find them seriously creepy as well.